Map not yet available
We’re working on it 🙂
Ultramarathon 108k team
|CP||Place||Type||Altitude||Dist. from start [Km]||Dist. to finish [Km]|
|P3||Curmatura Văii Stânii||C,A||1436||19||89|
|P11||Maneciu lake dam||C,A,R||603||69||39|
|P12||Peak of Crai||C,A,S||1447||84||24|
|P13||Sub Tabla Buții||C,A,S||1273||90||18|
|P16||Muntele Rosu chalet||C,A,R,S||1277||103||5|
(*) C– Post Control, A-Apă, R-post revitalizare, S-asistență Salvamont
START 12 SEPTEMBer 2020 6:00 AM
Time limit FINISH: 26 hours
CP 7 (PAS BRATOCEA) – 8 hours
CP 10 (Maneciu lake dam) – 14 hours
CP 13 (VALEA STÂNII) – 20 hours
- Entries that don’t have valid links to the results (rankings) for the 3 qualifying races will not be considered.
- In case you have completed a mountain ultramarathon race during the limit of the respective race, it is no longer necessary to put 3 links to the results, a single link is enough.
- By mountain marathon we consider a trail running race with the difference of level over 1500 m and with a minimum distance of 35 km.
- We reserve the right to evaluate the qualifying race on a case-by-case basis, and to reject races that do not fit the mountain marathon profile. The only race shorter than an accepted mountain marathon is the Retezat Sky Race. Please do not insist on shorter races and we inform you that the rules are not negotiable.
- For mountain marathons run abroad the same rules apply and we will evaluate them on a case-by-case basis.
ULTRAMARATON Team Race REGULATIONS
- Each team member must prove the completion in the period 2019-2020 of at least three trail marathons under 7 hours, (with the exception of Marathon 7500, the 3200 race, where it is acceptable to finish the race during the given time limit), or of a Mountain Ultramarathon of over 60 km and 2000 m the difference in level (exception accepted being the 2 × 2 Race Race and Transylvania 100 k, the 50 km race which are considered to be ultramarathons). In this respect, the links referring to the races mentioned in the Racehub account where you registered will be completed (it can be completed throughout the year, until August 20). All qualifying races should be trail running races from the period 2019-2020, with start date no later than August 20, 2020. All runner must verify these conditions and send the required experience in the form and interval mentioned above, otherwise the candidate’s request will be rejected. Claims after 20 August 2020 will not be considered.
- The teams will be composed of 2 runners who will start together and stay together from the beginning to the end, without the distance between teammates being no more than 10 m. If the referees and volunteers will notice higher distances, gradual sanctions can be applied, ranging from penalties of at least 10 minutes to disqualification.
- The rules regarding the mandatory equipment, the conditions of participation and the time limits of the individual Ultramarathon race will apply to the Ultramarathon Teams race.
- Teammates will stay together from beginning to end. If one teammate retires from the race the entire team will be considered as retired, and the other teammate will remain with his / her colleague in any situation. In case of accident of a teammate, its strictly forbidden for the other teammate to leave his/her colleague, with the exception of the situation when there is no signal, there are no other competitors around and it is necessary to move to the nearest control point to notify the situation, and then he/she will return with the rescue team to the injured teammate
- In case a member of the team retires from the race, it is forbidden for the other teammate to continue alone and to score in the individual standings. The ultramarathon team race is a test that emphasizes not only the speed and endurance of the runners, but also the solidarity between teammates. Any such deeds will be penalized according to the gravity of the fact.
The track starts the same way as the marathon track, following the blue tape marking that leads to Stanii Valley, through the Buzaianu crest. (CP1)
After it passes the first checkpoint and supply point it climbs uninterruptedly on the trail marked with a red cross towards Tabla Butii until it reaches the forest track marked with a red tape.
From here you descend in Pasul Boncuta on the forest track that leads to Vama Buzaului; you follow this road (in the left, towards Stanii Glade CP2), approximately 3 km, until the first crossroad. From here you turn right and run in the valley following the blue tape marking that crosses Cheile Vaii Stanii until reaching Curmatura Vaii Stanii CP3
From Curmatura the track changes on the northern side of the Stanii Valley crest, passing Hotului Fount, a place where you can refill you water bottles. You keep following the track and, after you see the blue cross marking that leads to Vama Buzaului and a red cross marking coming from Culmea Gropsoarelor, you reach Saua Chirusca. From this point, in approximately 10 minutes you reach Ciucas chalet CP4
Afterwards you need to follow the red tape towards Ciucas Peak CP5, the highest point of the track, 1954 m. From the peak you descend in Saua Tigailor (Tigailor mountain saddle) and from this point you leave behind the marathon track and continue until Pasul Bratocea (CP7)
Here you cross the DN1A street and start climbing towards Grohotis mountains following the track marked with a red tape. After a slow ascent into the forest you reach the alpine void.
From this point you continue on a track that is very well pointed out on the level curve, in the S-W of the Babes Mountain and you ascend on winding roads towards Varful Bobu (Bobu peak). Here the mountain chine looks like a plateau. You continue on this bumpy road until reaching Varful Grohotis (Grohotis peak CP8). Here you turn right and ascend on the trail leaving behind the road on the right. Soon you reach Varful Grohotis (Grohotis peak).
From here you descend and you rediscover the track that rounds the peak (crossing the peak is mandatory). After you re-enter the track you continue on it until reaching the second mountain crest that descends towards East (close by there is water). The track you are descending can be seen on the left side.
You continue on the edge that descends towards East (Ulita peak CP9). From here the track leads to a sheepfold (Nebunu CP 10) .You leave it behind and enter the forest. You should follow mathematically the mountain ridge and, after a segment of forest, you should ascend on the Varful Stana (Stana peak).
After you cover a segment of the ridge covered by forest you reach, after rounding Magura Maneciu, Poiana Mare, near the Radio relay. You continue on the forest road that descends towards DN1 A but, close to this road, you will enter a short trail marked with a yellow tape. This trail will lead you to the Maneciu Ungureni village entrance.
Here you cross DN1A and, after a short paved road you reach the Maneciu lake dam CP11.
You cross the dam and continue on the forest road that leads to the Tataru mountains. After that you climb the serpentines on the Chiciureni hill. Leaving on the left side the road that descends into Valea Stanii, at the Schinda waterfall and then, on the right side, the road that descends to Slon, you get near the Cimitirul Eroilor (Heroes’ Cemetery) at Tabla Butii, after previously passing the Vf. lui Crai (Peak of Crai CP 12).
From Tabla Butii (CP13) you descend on the red cross marked track (that you climbed at the beginning) until reaching Valea Stanii at checkpoint no. 14. From Valea Stanii you return to Culmea Buzaianu but you will start climbing through the forest following the blue triangle, on the Parul Sterp valley.
The climbing is steep and it quickly takes you to Culmea Gropsoarelor- Zaganu (Gropsoarele-Zaganu ridge) where you come across with the Half Marathon track.
You pass through Varful Gropsoarele (Gropsoarele peak), following the red cross marked track and after you get to La Rascruce CP 15 you descend following the trail marked with a red triangle, to the Muntele Rosu chalet CP16. Here there is the final supply point. From the chalet you descend on the blue dot marked and you reach Cheia.